Our Commitment to Accessibility and ADA Compliance
Volusia Online Learning is committed to ensuring our websites are accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of ability or technology. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and documents; in doing so we adhere as closely as possible to applicable standards and guidelines.
As a district we believe in inclusivity and integration and are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. The district will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility by complying with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C's) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 level AA and the Web Accessibility Initiative Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite (WAI-ARIA) 1.0 for web content.
We are committed to ensuring people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to access online information provided by our district. To that end we have added an accessibility widget to every web page hosted on https://volusiaonlinelearning.com. This widget is in the lower-right hand corner of the screen on all devices; it can also be accessed using the keyboard by pressing Tab after a web page loads.
For assistance accessing online information or functionality currently inaccessible, please contact the district's equity and compliance officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-734-7190 ext. 20313.
Aspects of Our Design and Functionality Related to Accessibility
- Navigation is consistent throughout the website.
- The main navigation menu is at the top of each web page.
- Section links can be found on the left-hand side of each web page. Note: On mobile devices these links are in the "Department Menu" at the top of the page underneath the banner image.
- The font size of content on all web pages can be increased using the accessibility widget located in the lower right-hand corner of every web page.
- To increase the font size of the entire website, use the browser's controls.
- All images, except purely decorative images, have suitable alt (alternative) text attributes.
- All content on the website is accessible and usable with images "off" (disabled).
- All links are written so the link's target can be discerned from the text alone.
- The first link in every page is the accessibility widget, which provides a "skip to main content" link.