Senior Class 2024
VOL GRADUATION INFORMATION 2024
To Be AnnouncedEnd of Year Laptop Returns
Seniors can return their VCS issued laptops between 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM daily at 250 Enterprise Rd, Deltona Fl. Building # 3
Graduation Commencement Ceremony
The Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2024 To Be Announced
Graduation Attire for Graduates
ALL GRADUATES should remember that hair styles are to be kept simple so that graduation caps will fit on the head properly. Caps are worn level on the head, not at an angle. Tassel should be worn on right side before graduation, left side when indicated during the ceremony. ONLY CORDS, PINS AND MEDALLIONS DISTIBUTED BY VOLUSIA ONLINE LEARNING MAY BE WORN WITH GOWNS. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE YOUR CAP. Option 1: Wear a cool, comfortable dress under the gown; choose a style with a simple neckline which will not interfere with the neckline of the graduation gown. Dresses should not hang below the graduation gown. Black shoes only, preferably with medium height heels for your safety in getting on and off the stage. Heels and wedges must be black. No dangling earrings.
Option 2: Wear black color dress pants and black dress shoes and socks. NO jeans, sneakers, deck shoes or flip flops permitted. Wear a dress shirt with a collar and a men’s tie.
Graduates who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk at graduation.
Disrespectful or disruptive behavior that interferes with or detracts from the dignity of the occasion, including but not limited to, the use of noisemakers, air horns and other disruptive devices or behaviors, shall be grounds for removal.
- No gum chewing.
- Graduates will exit through the front entrance of the Ocean Center. This is off A1A, across from the Hilton Hotel.
- Families and guests must meet the graduates outside the front of the Ocean Center. Make a designated meeting area before graduation begins.
- You cannot leave anything in the large hall during graduation. This includes keys, purses, cameras, phones, etc.
- You cannot carry anything, except your name card, while walking into the main hall. Cell phones must be secured on your person. They are not to be carried in your hand into the graduation ceremony.
- If you have a cell phone on your person, do not take it out during the ceremony.
- Seats cannot be saved for family members. Seating location is on a first come first serve basis.
- No air horns, balloons, banners, or large signs will be permitted in the Ocean Center.
- No strollers, streamers, or confetti will be permitted before/during/after the ceremony.
- BEST OF LUCK TO THE CLASS OF 2024
Important Information for Friends and Family Attending Graduation
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse:
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x 6”x 12” or a one-gallon clear Ziploc, or similar bag.
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x 6.5”, with or without a strap.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder to be screened more quickly) or in an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Parents and guests may enter the Ocean Center at one hour before graduation start time. All guests are asked to plan accordingly so that you arrive on time for Graduation. Once the graduation processional begins, guests will not be admitted until after all graduates have entered the Ocean Center and the ceremony has begun.
Graduation Ticket Information
- Graduates have free admittance.
- Each person that wishes to attend graduation must purchase an admission ticket for the Class of 2024 Graduation.
- Only babies and small children that can sit on a lap are exempt from needing a ticket.
- Graduation tickets can be purchased at the Ocean Center on graduation day at the Ocean Center one hour prior to the ceremony.
Online School PaymentsParking
- On the day of graduation, each car needs to have a parking pass to park in any of the parking lots or parking garage.
- Graduates will be required to pay for parking if they plan to park in the parking lots or parking garage.
- Carpooling is HIGHLY recommended.
Online School Payments
- Parking passes are good for the garage and West & South surface lots. If you park in an area not covered by the Daytona Beach Police Department, you must pay. For example, if you choose to park next to a parking meter or other paid lot, you will pay their rate.
- For those waiting to purchase a parking pass at graduation, the cost will be $10 per spot.
Dean Stewart Photography is the official photographer for the class of 2024 graduation. Photos will be posted on their website www.DSP-Photo.com to view and purchase shortly after the event. If you have any questions, please call their customer service at 321-952-9876
Graduates can pick up their official diploma after they have returned laptops and all obligations are paid on the following dates/times:
To Be Announced
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
250 Enterprise Road
To Be Announced
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Deltona Middle School
250 Enterprise Road
Questions About Graduation
If you have any questions about graduation, please direct them to our senior counselors:
- Ms. Vicki Hamlin, Last Names A-K, email@example.com
- Mrs. Stacie Allen-Wiese, Last Name L-Z, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the button below for guidance during your Senior year.
Volusia County Schools' Graduation Information