Welcome to Volusia Online Learning!
Volusia Online Learning is a virtual school where instruction is primarily provided in an online environment. Although students and teachers are separated by time and space, they work together to achieve high levels of learning. The virtual environment allows students to work on a flexible schedule and pace at the best time and place for them.
Volusia Online Learning brings together the best technologies, the best curriculum and most importantly, the best of Volusia County teachers, who provide an incredible online experience for your child. We are always committed to educate your student in the best possible manner to achieve the highest levels of learning. Teachers and families work together to build relationships that allow for a personalized learning experience for each individual student.
Today, there are many learning options for students. These are some things that make Volusia Online Learning different from other digital learning environments:
- We are a public school with the Volusia County School district. All our teachers are local, providing multiple opportunities for face-to-face meetings with teachers and other virtual students.
- We are aligned to Florida Standards and use online resources, virtual lessons, teacher discussions, and a variety of assessment tools to help follow the course’s curriculum.
- As part of the online learning experience, virtual students will have the opportunity to attend live lessons with their academic teachers. Teachers will provide students and learning coaches with the dates and times for each course’s live lesson. Live lessons require active and engaging participation for all students.
VOL expands the variety of academic opportunities for Volusia County students and serves as one way to fulfill the online graduation requirement for Florida students. Beginning with the class of 2015, students must successfully complete one virtual or blended course to receive a diploma. Students in grades 6-8 who successfully complete an online course for high school credit will fulfill the requirement. Students who are eligible for acceleration may choose to enroll in a virtual course. Students can work online anytime, any place.
Why Volusia Online Learning?
- Open enrollment throughout the school year.
- Courses can be scheduled as part of a student’s regular school day OR beyond the school day.
- Students can work on their courses any time, any place.
- Students have access to an online resource center as well as web-based and face-to-face tutorial sessions with instructors.
- All instructors are Florida certified and employed by Volusia County Schools.
- Instructors available for parent conferences at schools.
School Choice Department
Public School Choice is the practice of allowing all families to make meaningful decisions about how and where their children will receive a primary and secondary education from a variety of public schools and programs. Our goal is to provide services and assistance needed to help children receive the education that best meets their needs.
Questions about School Choice should be directed to the School Choice Department at (386) 734–7190 extension 20574.