Volusia Online Learning full-time application to reopen
Volusia Online Learning is reopening the full-time application at 8 a.m. on Friday, September 3, 2021 through noon on Friday, September 10, 2021 at www.volusiaonlinelearning.com. When applying for Volusia Online Learning Full-Time, it is important that parents/guardians and students understand:
- Students in grades K-8 will be enrolled in Volusia Online Learning from September 13, 2021 to June 3, 2022. Students need to remain with VOL for the whole year to get full credit for coursework.
- Students in grades 9-12 must commit to completing their coursework with Volusia Online Learning at least through December 16, 2021.
- Students in grades K-5 take their courses with a Volusia Online Learning teacher using Florida Virtual School (FLVS) curriculum. Elementary students will be required to start their FLVS courses from the beginning and will be expected to complete them according to the district school calendar. Work completed at the brick and mortar school cannot be transferred to FLVS courses, so elementary students will be starting their courses four weeks behind.
- New students in grades 6-12 will complete all courses in Edgenuity or Canvas.
- All students will be expected to work in their virtual courses for at least 6-7 hours per school day.
- Volusia Online Learning is currently offering ESE consultation services for students with disabilities seeking a standard diploma. For those students who are currently receiving other supports, including other delivery models, an IEP team will need to address the needs in the virtual platform, to ensure a free and appropriate public education is offered. Students with disabilities seeking a standard diploma via Access Points, can also be supported through enrollment in Access Points courses in Volusia Online Learning.
- Volusia Online Learning is a School of Choice. Students that do not complete their courses could be removed from Volusia Online Learning.
- All students will receive Welcome Emails from their teachers on Wednesday, September 15.
- Volusia Online Learning will be offering two information sessions. Parents/guardians and students are highly encouraged to attend the information session before applying, so you fully understand the requirements of Volusia Online Learning families. Information session links will be posted at www.volusiaonlinelearning.com. Or you can access them directly through these links: