Registration for Summer Driver Education Begins May 16 (Registration is full)
Note: Registration for summer 2021 driver education classes is full.
DELAND — Registration for the 2021 Summer Driver Education program begins Sunday, May 16, on the school district driver’s education website.
Students interested in earning credit in Driver Education must register online. There is no fee for the program and students will earn a 1/2 elective credit and a paperless waiver of the road test for an operator’s license. The driver’s education information brochures are available on the school district driver’s education website. Students must have a learner’s permit to enroll in this program.
The summer program will begin on Tuesday, July 6, and will end on Tuesday, July 20, with no classes being scheduled on Fridays, except Friday, July 9. There will be no class on Monday, July 5. Student hours will be from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Students will need to bring a lunch each day, sunscreen, water, and wear closed toe shoes.
The program will be offered at the following high schools (pending enrollment figures and teacher availability):
- Atlantic High, 1250 Reed Canal Road, Port Orange
- DeLand High, 800 North Hill Ave., DeLand
- New Smyrna Beach High, 1015 Tenth Street, New Smyrna Beach
- Seabreeze High, 2700 North Oleander Ave., Daytona Beach
- Spruce Creek High, 801 Taylor Road, Port Orange
- University High, 1000 West Rhode Island Ave., Orange City
- All students currently enrolled in a Volusia County public school, School of Choice, private school, or who are in the home-school program and who are eligible to drive will be given the opportunity to enroll in driver education as seats are available.
- Students must be 15 years or older on or before the first day of the session for which the student is enrolled and must have completed one full year of high school on or before the first day of the session.
- Students must have and present a learner’s permit when registering. Students must also have their learners permit with them on each day of class.
- Students must not have already received credit for a driver education class, course #1900310, with range driving. If you have taken FLVS or VVS driver education class, #1900300, you may register for this class.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the class meets the enrollment capacity a waiting list will be started. Funding for this program is made available through the Dori Slosberg Driver Education Trust Fund. No district funds will be used to fund this program.
For more information regarding this program, students should contact their home high school.