Information for VPK Parents
We are on the countdown to Back to School, and we are so excited to welcome your pre-kindergartener! We are here for you and want to share some important information with you to make the start successful for your child.
Please plan to attend the Meet the Teacher event at your school to help make your child feel welcomed and ready for the first day. At the event, you will receive information, have your questions answered, and see the classroom and meet the teacher! The schedule is posted at: vcsedu.org/meet-your-teacher.
VCS School Way Café will serve meals (breakfast and lunch) to all students attending in-person classes in Volusia County Schools at no charge to families this year.
If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer at your child’s school, you can get information and the application online at vcsedu.org/volunteer-partnership.
If you have friends who are interested in Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten, we still have a few openings at the following sites: Holly Hill School, Louise S. McInnis Elementary (DeLeon Springs), Pierson Elementary, and Sunrise Elementary (Deltona). To register, complete the application at vcsedu.org/vpk.
Here's some tips as you get ready for the big day!
- Help your child develop independence by learning how to work belts, zippers, and buttons on clothing.
- Start to establish an evening going-to-bed routine and a morning getting-ready-for-school routine with your child to adjust their sleep schedule gradually to the school’s schedule.
- If your child will bring a lunch, practice opening and closing food storage containers and bags.
- Label all of your child’s belongings, such as lunch boxes, school supplies, and jackets.
- Talk with the school nurse and your child’s teacher if your child has allergies or special needs.
And remember...relax and enjoy the moment! Your child is going to do great because you are great!
VCS is the Best Place to Learn. We wish your family a wonderful school year.