Eligible students who choose to be full-time virtual students take all of their classes from home rather than the traditional brick and mortar school while residing in Volusia County. The district offers its students a full-time virtual program option for kindergarten through twelfth grade through our partnership with three online providers. Eligible students may apply for full-time virtual instruction during the enrollment period which begins April 20. Enrollment ends July 31, 2020. Once admitted, students may receive the use of a computer and assistance toward Internet access if there is none available in the home AND the student qualifies for free/reduced lunch program.
Parent/Student Commitment to a Full-Time Virtual Program
Parents must take on the role of "instructional coach" which includes:
- daily monitoring of their student’s assignments and assessments
- daily monitoring and recording of attendance
- communicating regularly with virtual teachers and staff to arrange for MANDATORY district and state testing and other educational requirements
Students must be independent learners who take responsibility for:
- logging in to courses and completion of activities daily
- submitting assignments and completing assessments in a timely manner
- adhering to academic integrity policy for online coursework
Choosing a Provider
Volusia Online Learning offers three virtual school options to provide content and instruction for district students wishing to enroll in full-time virtual school. Click on the icons below to learn more about each provider. Once you choose your full time provider, please click the "Apply to Full-Time Virtual Now" button to begin the enrollment process during open enrollment.