Volusia Online Learning offers part-time opportunities to students.
- Volusia Online Learning offers part-time opportunities to students in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Volusia Online Learning's part-time program is open to all Volusia County students, including registered home education students, students attending private and charter schools, and students that reside outside of Volusia County.
- Volusia Online Learning's part-time program offers all core subject courses and many electives. Please see our Course Catalog for a complete list of the courses we offer.
- Volusia Online Learning courses are offered in multiple platforms to allow students to choose the platform that works best for them.
- Volusia Online Learning's courses are accessible to students 24/7 for maximum flexibility.
- Volusia Online Learning has an open enrollment system which allows students to add courses throughout the school year.
- Volusia Online Learning uses highly qualified Volusia County Schools teachers to provide personalized instruction and one-on-one support to our students.
- Volusia Online Learning's teachers work flexible hours in order to meet with students virtually or at the student’s zoned school.
- I wish to provide my own personal device
Traditional laptops with the following requirements are preferred. *Please note mobile and other light devices such as iPads and Chromebooks do NOT work with our learning management systems.
Due to state testing requirements ALL students will be required to bring their device to their zoned school for testing. If the device does not meet these minimum standards please request a VOL device to be issued.
Minimum System Requirements for Ideal Performance
- 250 GB Hard Drive
- 4 GB RAM Memory
- Web Camera or Built-in Camera
- Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- FSA lockdown Browser installed for all students 4-12 for state testing
- All VCS students can download Microsoft Office to their personal devices for free
- Students can log into VPortal, go to Office 365 and select the Download option in the upper right-hand corner
- Apple Mac OS users: Please note our programs do NOT accept files from Apple software products such as Apple Pages. You will need to download and install Microsoft Office products or use a converter.
Computer components also needed for virtual learning include:
- Microphone (internal AND headset with mic)
- Printer with a supply of ink and paper (highly recommended)
- Scanner or cell phone to use for uploading course assignments.
- VCS Issued Laptops - 1:1 Secondary School Devices
All VCS secondary schools issue computers to all students through the one-to-one program. Please contact the Media Specialist at your school for information on how to check out a laptop.
All VCS laptops meet the minimum requirements for Volusia Online Learning and FLVS courses.