Volusia Online Learning offers part-time opportunities to students.
- Volusia Online Learning offers part-time opportunities to students in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Volusia Online Learning's part-time program is open to all Volusia County students, including registered home education students, students attending private and charter schools, and students that reside outside of Volusia County.
- Volusia Online Learning's part-time program offers all core subject courses and many electives. Please see our Course Catalog for a complete list of the courses we offer.
- Volusia Online Learning courses are offered in multiple platforms to allow students to choose the platform that works best for them.
- Volusia Online Learning's courses are accessible to students 24/7 for maximum flexibility.
- Volusia Online Learning has an open enrollment system which allows students to add courses throughout the school year.
- Volusia Online Learning uses highly qualified Volusia County Schools teachers to provide personalized instruction and one-on-one support to our students.
- Volusia Online Learning's teachers work flexible hours in order to meet with students virtually or at the student’s zoned school.
Technology Requirements for Volusia Online Learning
Traditional laptops and desktop devices (any brand) with the following requirements are preferred. *Please note mobile and other light devices such as iPads and Chromebooks do not support Flash and Java, which are used in our learning platforms.
Minimum System Requirements for Ideal Performance
- 250 GB Hard Drive
- 4 GB RAM Memory
- Web Camera or Built-in Camera
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 or above
- Apple Mac OS 10.8 or above
- Google Chrome (preferred)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Required Browser Settings and Plugins
- Cookies enabled
- Flash enabled
- Java installed
- Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- All VCS students can download Microsoft Office to their personal devices for free
- Students can log into VPortal, go to Office 365 and select the Download option in the upper right-hand corner
- Apple Mac OS users: Please note our programs do NOT accept files from Apple software products such as Apple Pages. You will need to download and install Microsoft Office products or use a converter.